Pricing – Wills, Lasting Power of Attorney, Probate and Estate Administration
Below you will find various pieces of information about what you can expect to pay if you instruct us to act for you regarding Wills, Lasting Power of Attorney, Probate and Estate Administration - and what factors might affect the price that you then pay. We have also included the typical disbursements (disbursements are payments which we make to third parties on your behalf). Should you choose to instruct us, a tailored estimate of price will be provided based on your particular circumstances and the transaction. The figures below do not include any VAT which may be applicable, which will be charged at the prevailing rate at the time that your purchase completes.
Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA)
- For one LPA we charge £450 plus VAT and the Court Registration Fee of £82. Total cost £622.
- For two (or more) LPAs being e.g. one Financial Decisions LPA and one Health and Care Decisions LPA for one person or two clients each wanting one, we charge £400 plus VAT per LPA plus the Court Registration Fee of £82 per application.
So, £800 plus VAT and £164 Court Fees for two. Total cost £1,124.
For four LPAs being both types for two people, £2,248.
All work is carried out by and with a Solicitor.
- We charge £350 plus VAT for a basic single Will
- We charge £495 plus VAT for simple Mirror Wills for a married couple, civil partners, co-habitees.
- If the Wills include additional provisions, they are usually charged at £25 plus VAT per extra clause or provision
- Property Trust Mirror Wills are charged at £595 plus VAT for the two.
- We charge £150 plus VAT to sever a joint tenancy in a property
- Lengthy and detailed Side Notes to accompany a Will are charged at £100 plus VAT.
- Complicated Wills are charged out at a time costing basis of £200 per hour plus VAT.
Again, all work is undertaken by and with a Solicitor
Probate and Estate Administration
- We charge £750 plus VAT and the Probate Court Fee now £273 to obtain a Grant of Representation (Probate when there is a Will or Letters of Administration without a Will) for applications below the Inheritance Tax threshold of £325,000.
- We charge an additional £250 plus VAT when dealing with nil rate band rollover claims.
- More complicated Estates are charged £200 plus VAT per hour for the time our Probate Solicitor spends dealing with the case.
- Occasionally, an Estate Value Element will be charged on large and complicated applications and we will always discuss this with you and explain how it will be charged.