GM Wilson Solicitors Ltd are always looking to attract highly trained professionals who are self-motivated, energetic, ambitious and enjoy working with people.
Our continued success depends on us recruiting and retaining the best individuals for specific roles. All our employees need to be able to communicate effectively and courteously with clients both face–to–face, on the telephone and by email.
Working with us, you will get opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge.
Our aim is to encourage all our employees to develop their full potential to maximise the efficiency of our firm.
We are proud of our team at GM Wilson Solicitors and the exceptional level of service they deliver to our clients. If you are a highly motivated team player apply by forwarding your CV to email@example.com.
We are always looking to employ ambitious, talented individuals who can work alongside colleagues while putting client’s interests first.
Two exciting vacancies has arisen for a Residential Conveyancing Assistant to join our team at Wakefield and Barnsley. The role involves assistanting the fee earner in charge of the department with a busy caseload of sale and purchase matters from instruction to completion. Any applicant must be able to demonstrate at least 2 years experience and be motivated and keen to maintain an excellent level of customer service to our clients throughout the conveyancing process.
Key tasks include:
- Updating Estate Agents and Brokers by telephone and email.
- Handling client calls for Fee Earner when not available.
- Contract packs.
- Digital dictation as required.
- Actioning instructions from Fee Earners on matters including (but not limited to) Contract packs/dealing with ID/AML requirements/paying in monies on account/searches/ mortgage advice letters/ generating report on title letters/ordering redemption figures/ sending paperwork to clients to sign.
- Requesting mortgage funds, ordering final redemption statements and agents accounts as requested.
- Organising incoming and outgoing post.
- Form 1 and Form 2 requests as applicable (on new build transactions).
- Prepare and finalising completions including (but not limited to) drafting bills and statements, preparing instructions for accounts, drafting all completion letters, obtaining final redemption figures from existing lender(s), Estate Agent’s Accounts, calculating apportionments and requesting funds from lenders to obtain mortgage funds, submit OS1/OS2 and bankruptcy searches.
- Providing quotations.
Post Completion Assistant
We currently have two vacancies for Post Completion Assistant’s to join our team at Wakefield and Barnsley. The role involves dealing with post completion tasks following completion and any applicant must be able to demonstrate at least 12 months experience and be willing to learn and work in a busy but rewarding environment.
Key tasks include:
- Submitting SDLT returns.
- Applications for registration.
- Dealing with Help to Buy and mortgage lenders requirements.
- Maintaining priority protection at Land Registry.
- Deeds returns to clients and mortgage lenders.
- Dealing with requisitions.
Residential Property Solicitor/Licensed Conveyancer/Legal Executive with at least 2 years PQE
We have an exciting opportunity for a Residential Property Solicitor/Licensed Conveyancer/Legal Executive with at least 2 years experience to join our friendly, motivated and hard working team. The role involves managing a busy caseload of sale and purchase matters from file opening to completion. The successful candidate will have extensive experience of freehold and leasehold transactions and be able to work with minimum supervision. They will also be able to create and maintain a solid client base in and around the area and will pride themselves on delivering a first class service throughout the entire conveyancing process.
- Dealing with matters at all stages, from taking the client’s initial instructions through to archiving, in accordance with office and accounts procedures.
- Taking instructions from clients and advising accordingly.
- Obtaining and preparing file documentation.
- Billing files and obtaining monies due to the firm from the clients and other parties.
- Delegated supervisory responsibilities as and when required.
- Maintaining legal knowledge and skills.
Key Skills required:
- Ability to deal with technical details and to express solutions to complex legal issues in a concise and customer-friendly way.
- Ability to work accurately in accordance with the requirements of each team.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to deal with enquiries in a customer-friendly and effective manner.
- Flexible and proactive attitude.
The salary for this role will be based on experience, therefore please indicate your current salary and expectations for this position when applying.